Philipine’s entry in 2014 Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Photo Contest made it into one of the top 10 finalist. Filipino Enriquez Brian Barandon submitted hos photo entry which is entitled "Connected to the World".
In his Facebook account, Brian Enriquez, he said that his entry tells about how trade is able to touch the lives of people. He is the only Filipino that got into the top 10. APEC encourages people to vote for the photo they are rooting for the Popular Choice Award. Voting will be until October 24, 2014 and the winning choice out with the most likes will have SGD 1,000.
According to APEC, the yearly annual photo competition gives the oppurtunity to the public to express and show APEC’s work and how it affects the people’s daily lives in the region. This year, they had focused on the promotion for the integration of trade and regional economic, economic growth, connectivity and infrastructure development.
Here is the list of top ten finalists of APEC Photo Contest 2014.
- Marine Construction Fence - Aksa Arfha Ali, Indonesia
- Wind Energy - Bedoya Humani David Martin, Peru
- Epicenter - Cheoh Wee Keat, Singapore
- Connected to the World - Enriquez Brian Barandon, the Philippines
- Playing - Keong Lim Chee, Malaysia
- Ocean Return - Li Xiao Ping, China
- Net Factory - Ly Hoang Long, Viet Nam
- Being Yellow - Paembonan Amrullah Basri, Indonesia
- Work on the Salt Paddies - Truong Huu Hung, Viet Nam
- Connectivity - Wong Chek Poh, Singapore
The winners of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Photo Contest will be announced on November 5 and 6 during the yearly APEC Leaders’ Week that will be held in Beijing, China. The APEC’s photo competition aims to connect wide the people and know the highlights of the value of APEC’s policies. Reference: apec