Nia Sanchez is the apple of the eye of that particular Sunday evening in Lousiana when she was crowned as Miss USA 2014. This is not just a victory of Sanchez but also for Nevada – the state that she represented. The competition was on June 8, 2014. "E! News" co-anchor Giuliana Rancic and Thomas Roberts of "Way Too Early" hosted that event in Baton Rouge River Center to be exact.
There are several factors why Nia Sanchez won the competition that is very tough. In the evening, she wore a beautiful red fishtail gown that caught the attention of not just the judges but also the audience. Nia is 24 years old and this is so far is her highest achievement in terms of beauty pageant.
Nia is not just beautiful on the outside but also on the inside as she answered a question regarding the things that should be done in order to avoid assaults on women on college campuses. She answered "take it upon themselves to learn how to defend themselves" which is amazing. Nia also wants to share her knowledge in martial arts to her fellow women since it was reported that Nia was a black belter in taekwondo.
The show lasted for 3 hours and it was viewed in 60 countries. Miss USA 2014 is a prestigious event wherein beauties from different states vie for the title. The winner will have an opportunity to compete on higher competitions such as Ms. Universe and Ms. World.
The results for the competition are as follows:
- 1st Runner Up: Miss North Dakota USA Audra Mari
- 2nd Runner Up: Miss Georgia USA Tiana Griggs
- Miss Louisiana USA Brittany Alyson Guidry
- Miss Florida USA Brittany Oldehoff
- Miss Iowa USA Carlyn Bradarich
- Miss California USA Cassandra Kunze
- Miss Maryland USA Taylor Burton
- Miss Wisconsin USA Bishara Dorre
- Miss South Carolina USA Christina Isabelle Zapolski
- Miss Virginia USA Arielle Saige Rosmarino
- Miss Indiana USA Mekayla Diehl
- Miss Tennessee USA Kristy Landers Niedenfuer
- Miss Alabama USA Jesica Warren Ahlberg
- Miss Arizona USA Jordan Alyssa Wessel
- Miss Minnesota USA Haley O'Brien
- Miss Oklahoma USA Brooklynne Young
- Miss New Jersey USA Emily Shah
- Miss Nebraska USA Amanda Marie Soltero
- Miss Pennsylvania USA Valerie Gatto
- Miss Photogenic - Miss California USA Cassandra Kunze
- Miss Congeniality - Miss Rhode Island USA Christina Palavra