This lists of 5 of the most expensive watches in the world today talks about wristwatches and this does not necessarily includes pocket watches. Hold your breath for a moment and be amazed by this list of 5 of the most expensive watches in the world today.
1. Joaillene Manchette by Jaeger Le Coultre (amount is priceless). Talking about being expensive, Joaillene Manchette by Jaeger Le Coultre tops the list. This watch has diamond squares in it and is available depending on the number of diamonds in it. You can have 400 or 576 diamonds with 11 onyx cabochons. This is really priceless.
2. 201-karat watch by Chopard – $25 Million. Talking about diamonds again, this watch has 289 pear-shaped diamonds, 139 round diamonds, and a whopping 443 yellow diamonds. You might think it’s crazy to have this watch and the maker would charge that kind of amount but it is true. That is really the amount.
3. Patek Philippe Reference 1527 – $5 Million. An amazing information about his watch is that you will be able to buy twelve Lamborghini Aventadors for its price. This is due to the fact that it is made up of several kinds of diamonds.
4. Louis Moinet Meteoris Watch – $4.6 million. You will be amazed when you know what makes up this watch. This watch is made up of pieces of the moon. You may think again this is crazy but true. The fact is there are even rocks from mercury in it not to mention the asteroids and shooting stars.
5. Patek Philippe 1939 Platinum World Time Watch – $4.1 million. Since 1939, these is only one unit of this watch that has been manufactured. One very distinct aspect of this watch is that it can show different times in 42 different cities.
It is really overwhelming and surprising to know the prices of the watches on the list but they are indeed the most expensive watches in the world existing today.